Suffering from regular gastric problem. What should be done?

General Surgeon
Question
I HAVE A REGULAR GASTIC PROBLE FROM LAST 2 YEARS
Posted Thu, 26 Jul 2012 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Rajat Gupta 14 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

I would like to know more about your problem to be able to address it properly.

1. When you say 'gastric problem' do you mean to say gastritis?
2. Do you have any of the following symptoms? - bloating of abdomen, fullness after meals, regurgitation of food, heart burn, vomiting, etc.
3. Have you taken any treatment for these symptoms?
4. Have you got some investigations done for same?

Meanwhile avoid taking fatty or oily diet, avoid spices. Take frequent and smaller meals. You can start proton pump inhibitors like pantoprazole after discussing with your treating doctor.

Awaiting your reply

Dr. Rajat Gupta

Follow-up: Suffering from regular gastric problem. What should be done? 49 minutes later
Dear Sir,
yes this mean gastritis, i have a problem of fullness after meal heart burn and i m SUFFERING FROM CONSTIPATION FROM LAST ONE YEAR

Answered by Dr. Rajat Gupta 6 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing back.
I would like to know your age as well.
For the gastritis, take smaller meals, avoid fatty and spicy diet. Do not lie down after one hour of your meal. You can also take proton pump inhibitors like pantoprazole twice daily. Since this is a prescription drug, please see your physician for this/

Also take high fibre diet. If constipation is bothering you too much, take agents like lactulose syrup just before you sleep at night.

Avoid smoking and stop alcohol intake..
Change in dietary habits will bring you relief. Hope all this helps..

Do let me know if you have any more queries. Take care

Dr Rajat Gupta