Suffering from red eyes through out the day. Having good sleep and no dust allergy. Remedy?

Question
My eyes stays red almost throughout the day, I am having good sleep and not even like its due to dust goes into my eyes, can you please suggest me what could be the remedy for this ?
Posted Wed, 26 Jun 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Hi and thanks for the query,

It might be important to know exactly for how long you have noticed this. Do you have any itches or discharge? Is there any other person in your family that presents with similar redness in the eyes. Any history of allergies?

A careful evaluation might be required, and considering the above questions ot better master the cause of the redness. It is however not unusual to find some people with naturally red eyes from child hood. but if it adult onset eye redness, a possible etiology should be sought and identified. Chronic conjonctivitis is a common cause and local eye anti inflammatory drugs and steroids are usually helpful.

This however requires a good medical history mastery and proper clinical evaluation. I would be glad getting some answers to the questions I asked from above and maybe you might need to consult an opthalmologist for a proper evaluation and management.

Best regards and the best of health,

Bain LE, MD.

Follow-up: Suffering from red eyes through out the day. Having good sleep and no dust allergy. Remedy? 27 minutes later
Thanks Bain for the detailed answer.

I am obeserving this from last 1 year so. And none in my family have this problem. I do get itches occasionally( May be once in a month or so ), but not very frequently. I got dry skin under my eyes some 4 to 5 months back but no allergy specific to my eyes.

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 31 minutes later
Hi and thanks for your timely response,

Redness and notion of itches shall for sure imply there is an allergic conjonctivitis, or chronic conjonctivitis that must be excluded.

I suggest you get consulted first by an ophtalmologist and then an allergist, depending on the appreciation of the ophtaalmologist. With a clinical examination, its easy to make clear differences and orient appropriate examinations and draw a good management and followup plan.

Consult an opthalmologist first, then later if need be, an allergist.

Feel free asking any further questions, I would be honored contributing to your well being.

Best regards,

Bain LE, MD.

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 5 minutes later
Thanks and wishing you the best of health,
Bain LE, MD.

Follow-up: Suffering from red eyes through out the day. Having good sleep and no dust allergy. Remedy? 1 minute later
thanks Bain.