Suffering from recurrent sneezing, running nose and watery eyes. Allergic to dust. Remedy?

Allergist and Immunologist
I am suffering from recurrent sneezing, running nose and watery eyes off and on... I feel very weak after 2-3 hours and at times also feel cold. My age is 33 and am a mother of a three yr old. Am alergic to dust, however the above symptoms are not due to any contact with dust as this may occur any time during the day....some times the same starts early morning around 4 AM while I am asleep
Posted Wed, 25 Sep 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Sujoy Khan 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Perennial allergy, tests required

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to Healthcare Magic.

Your symptoms would be consistent with perennial (all year round) allergy and is usually due to (1) house dust mite (2) cockroach (3) animal dander allergy as these are present almost throughout the year.
Once you develop these allergies, you feel like you have a viral infection and weak/exhausted all the time due to the continuous release of allergy mediators or chemicals in your body.

Skin prick tests or Specific IgE blood tests to aeroallergens/asthma panel will help delineate your allergies and your Allergist will be able to offer you specific advice.

Long acting antihistamines taken once or twice daily (maximum) such as Fexofenadine and steroid nasal sprays like Mometasone will help you signficantly.
You can also add Olopatadine eye drops but once the nasal spray starts to work, you may not need to use the eye drops.

I hope that was useful.
Best Wishes.
Follow-up: Suffering from recurrent sneezing, running nose and watery eyes. Allergic to dust. Remedy? 24 hours later
suggested medications are to avoid such instance orto be taken only if such episode re appears
Answered by Dr. Sujoy Khan 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Depends on allergy profile

Detailed Answer:
I would recommend taking these medications depending on the allergy profile results.
If symptoms are currently present, then by all means, treatment should be started now. The exact duration of treatment and timings (within the year) will be determined by the allergy profile.

Best Wishes.