Suffering from psoriasis and having sudden back pain. Should I be worried?

I have suddenly started having low back pain and joint pain. The joint pain in my knees is the worst. This literally happened over night about 3 weeks ago. I thought I had stretched or done something in Pilates, however it isn't getting better by reducing my work out. It's beginning to alarm me how debilitating this is. I am a 55 year old female in good condition. I exercise, have not had serious health issues other than I have Psoriasis and take Humeria every two weeks. I am wondering if it isn't my Humeria.
Posted Fri, 20 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Cause: Age-related menopause or medication Detailed Answer: Hello ma'am and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. I have gone through your query and would like to comment on your presentation which could have two possible causes to it: 1. Based on your age, the normal symptoms of pre-menopause or menopause should have already shown if I am not mistaken. Well you should know that menopause has a rather significant effect on the skeletal system, causing various conditions like osteoporosis, arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, etc; especially in menopausal or post-menopausal women. For this reason, it would be my sincere advise to get your serum calcium and vitamin D levels checked, to rule out/diagnose this to be the cause for your presentation 2. As for the Humira you are using, back and joint pain has been documented in 6 % of patients using the medication. So this could also be the cause for your presentation, but I feel it is best to rule out the first listed cause, before considering the medication to the cause as I feel 6% is still a minority I hope you found my response both helpful and informative ma'am. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you. Best wishes.