Ask a Urologist   »  

Suffering from prostatic calcification. Treatable with medicine?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
I am KC XXXXXXX 48 years old. Suffering from prostatic calcification. PSA 0.37. Post void residual urine volume is 9.09 ml. Is prostatic calcification is treatable with medicine. If yes, then mwhich medicine will be effective in my case and for many days the medicine to be taken.
Your detail opinion about the causes and treatment of calcification.
Posted Mon, 11 Nov 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Prostate calcification cured Herbal Medicine

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have prostatic Calcification detected on ultrasound scanning.
There are three major causes of prostatic calcification
1) Chronic Inflammation of the prostate (Chronic Prostatitis) this is commonest
2) Benign enlargement of prostate.
3) Cancer of the prostate.
There are difference of opinion amongst Urologist all over the world about whether t prostate calcification needs to be treated or not.

Since your Serum PSA is within normal range and your post void urine residue is less than 10 ml cancer of the prostate and enlarged prostate are ruled a out as a cause of calcification in your case.

It is due to Chronic prostatitis.

Truly speaking there are no medicine in modern Allopathic faculty of medicine that can effectively treat prostate calcification.

However there are herbal medicines that have been invented by a Chinese Doctor XXXXXXX Wang and have been widely used in china since last 300 years .Unfortunately this herbal medicine is not available to the world community as they have not disclosed secrets of this medicine to rest of the world .

You can by this medicine on line on internet by following a link WWW.WWWW.WW

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you .
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Suffering from prostatic calcification. Treatable with medicine? 4 hours later
Thank you for answering my question. According to you, there is no allopathic medicine for curing prostate calcification. however, my Urologist has prescribed Urimax D, though he has not told me for how many days I have to take this. So your opinion, whether I should take Urimax D or not and if yes then for how many days. If allopathic medicine is not effective, then will surgery be effective or not.

Thank you

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Surgery will be effective.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up.
Urimax D is combination of drug Tomsulosin and Dutasteride

Tomsulosin relaxes bladder neck muscles and helps in improving urine flow where as Dutasteride reduces the size of the Prostate gland if it enlarged ,

Your Urologist might have suspected you to have enlarged prostate and perhaps that may be the reason he has prescribed these drugs .You may take it if you have voiding symptoms like increased frequency of urination ,poor stream,urgency etc..

However Urimax D does not help to cure prostate calcification.

The calcification of the prostate can be treated with surgery termed as (TURP )

Trans Urethral Resection Of prostate where prostate is resected and so calcification is also resected along with prostate.

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Suffering from prostatic calcification. Treatable with medicine? 2 hours later
Dr. actually I have been diagnosed BPH grade 1 along with prostate calcification on the basis of ultrasound and TRUS.
I forget to mention that I am also taking Levoflox - 500 alongwith Urimax D for the last two days and third dose of levoflox I took today. I am feeling much better today i.e. almost 70 % better. Is it the effect of Levoflox -500 or both. If it is the effect of Levoflox 500 then for how many days I should take it (Taken three tablets in three days).Though no test for UTI has been done. Is it not that I am suffering from UTI?.

Your opinion please

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You can take Livoflaxacin for 10 days.

Detailed Answer:
Hello\Thanks for folow up.
You are feeling better with Levofloxacin.
Levofloxacin is an antibiotic that is commonly used in UTI .You have Prostatitis which is always there with enlarged prostate and may be it has helped you to get relief from symptoms..
Please continue taking it for 10 ore days.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Suffering from prostatic calcification. Treatable with medicine? 3 hours later
Thank you very much
Dr. what about Urimax D. Should it be taken or stopped. If it is to be taken then for how many days. I am fail to understand whether I am feeling better by taking Levofloxacin or Urimax D because I taking both these.
Your opinion please.
Thank you

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
You may not take Urimax D

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up.
As I have explained in my answer earlier Urimax D relaxes the bladder neck muscles and helps to improve urine flow it does not have antibacterial action and will not help to reduce the inflammation of prostate.

You are getting results due to Levofloxacin.
Please continue to take it for another 10 days.
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.