Suffering from premature ejaculation. Will it be cured by taking zoloft and paxil? Any advice?

I am getting married next year and have terrible premature ejaculation and would like to cure it before my wedding. Trying different positions, condoms, frequency, or relaxation hasn't worked. I'd appreciate any thoughts or suggestions. I've read that drugs like Zoloft and Paxil may help with the issue.
Posted Tue, 7 Aug 2012 in Premature Ejaculation
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 2 hours later

Normal intravaginal ejaculation latent time (IELT) is 2 to 3 minute. It is important to know yours IELT.

Premature ejaculation (PE) is common problem and depends on multiple factors like:

*Psychological factors: most common. The psychological factors may include stress, performance anxiety and depression

*Medical causes: Reflex activity of ejaculatory system, thyroid problems, substance use and neurological causes.

Following steps will be helpful for treatment:

- Try distracting yourself when you feel you are about to ejaculate. Take a XXXXXXX breath and stay relaxed during intercourse.

- Do not worry about performance and talk to your partner openly about any apprehensions if you have. Conversation with partner during sex also delay ejaculation.

- Stop-start or squeeze-pause technique- In stop start technique, near ejaculation withdraw your penis from your partner and relax and think about something else. In squeeze- pause technique, squeeze the end or the tip of the penis for 10 to 20 seconds when you are close to ejaculation and then resume stimulation after withholding for half a minute.

- If the symptoms persist in spite of above methods, as you also mentioned query, then condoms with desensitizing creams (marketed as LONG LAST) and SRRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) like Zoloft and Paxil for daily use or Dapoxetine for demand use, will be helpful, which you can get after prescription from physician.

Last but not the least, IELT increases gradually with experience in sex, specially with wife. So, do not worry much and go ahead with marriage.

Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful.

Wish you good health.