Suffering from premature ejaculation. Taking Ayurvedic medicines. Am I on the right course?

Jun 2013
I am 50 year old and suffering from premature ejaculation. Actually my performance was not very good earlier also but it is bad now. I was taking alcohol but not continuously, leaving & starting in between and now given up for last 18 months. I have not been on medication earlier but now after the consultation at XXXXXX I am taking below Ayurvedas medicine for last 40 days.
•     Yauvanamrit Vati (XXXXXX) 2 tab. BD.
•     Chandraprabha Vati ( XXXXXX) 1 tab. BD

One table spoon BD before Food of the mix powder of below ingredients.

•     Ashwagandha Churna 50 gm.
•     Shtavar Churna 50 gm.
•     Shvet Musli Churna 50 gm.
•     Vang Bhasma 15 gm.
•     Giloy sat 20 gm.
•     Makardhwaj Ras 2m.
•     Akarkara powder 25 gm.
•     Kaunch Beej Powder 25 gm.
(All ingredient are sourced from XXXXXXX Pharmacy outlet ( XXXXXX ).

After taking for 40 days there is no improvement. I am having the acidity problem (not much, bearable) after starting it. My first Q is that is the PE curable. Further please advice if the above medication is OK and shall I continue with it as most of the ingredients are containing heavy metals and may not be advisable for long consumption. Any other your expert advice.

Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2013 in Premature Ejaculation
Answered by Dr. Sushil Kumar Sompur 10 minutes later
Hi there ,

First off, let me congratulate you for going off, of alcohol. It is one of the biggest and most important steps you took to improve your sexual life. I am not a specialist in ayurveda, and since your ayurvedic medications are not working, I will advise you on my part from an allopathic perspective.

You mention that you have problem with acidity and though it is not related to your sexual health, it is best to get this problem solved with consulting your family physician. With regards to premature ejaculation, I believe that there are many allopathic medications that can help with curing your problem with premature ejaculation and possibly erectile dysfunction. S

SRIs or selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors commonly are used by psychiatrists to treat patients with problems in their premature ejaculation. Erectile dysfunction can also be treated with medications. You must consult a psychiatrist qualified in this field to get the medications prescribed. You may also need a referral to a psychologist or a sexologist who will advise you regarding sexual health.

I hope this helps. Take care and have a lovely day !