Suffering from pituitary gland tumor type Prolactinoma. Will smoking mathamphetamine effect on tumor?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Hi Doctor , I am suffering from a piturity gland tumor type is prolactima.... If I smoked methamphetamine will this have a huge effect on her tumor? I have smoked it twice ( small amounts ) in the last month ( for the first time ). Do you think any damage has been caused? And can any further damage be caused if i continues. What advice do you have? I need some help.
Posted Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in Brain Tumor
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query. You probably mean prolactinoma... This is tumor of glands which is usually found in hypophysis but can be seen in other organs too. Effects of methamphetamine on this tumor is not investigated since there is no enough evidence nor patients for some reliable studies. There are some effetcs on hormonal activity but mostly on dopamine. So I dont think that there is any significant effect on growth or aggressivity of this particular tumor,especially in such small amounts. But I am sure you are aware of negative effects of methmphetamine on all other organs such as brain,heart,skin or lungs. Also, it may become addiction which is serious psychological condition. SO I am sure you can be responsible for your health and find another types of pleasures. If you decide to continue with these drugs,you should do more frequent prolactine levels check ups and follow prolactinoma size. Wish you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards