Suffering from pituitary gland microadenoma. On medication. Getting pain in brain. Safe remedy?

Question
GOOD MORNING DOCTOR
I AM SUFFERING FROM PITUTARY GLAND MICRODENOMA . IN A DAY I HAVE TO BEAR A LOT OF PAIN IN MY BRAIN AND WHEN PAIN OCCURED MY LEFT SIDE OF THE BODY GOT MUM . WHEN PAIN STOPPED BODY SIDE GET STARTED WORK . SUGGEST ME WHAT TO DO . I AM HAVING MEDICINES BY CONSULTING DOCTOR OF SIR XXXXXXX XXXXXXX HOSPITAL DELHI . EITHER I HAVE TO OPERATE THE TUMOR OR ONLY TO GO FOR MEDICINES .
REGARDS
XXXXXX
Posted Wed, 1 May 2013 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 1 hour later
Dear XXXXXX, welcome and thanks for entrusting your query here at Healthcaremagic!
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- http://bit.ly/Dr-Prasad-Akole) and am glad to address to your query here.

A pituitary microadenoma can cause symptoms by
1)     Its hormonal effects – some can be managed with medicines.
2)     Its pressure effects on surrounding structures due to expanding size- causing pain, numbness, visual disturbances (hemi-anopias), headaches, imbalance etc.

Serious pressure effects or bleed into the tumour (apoplexy) can be fatal.

Since you have symptoms of pressure, I would advise you to consult a XXXXXXX neurosurgeon and get operated if they feel it is operable.

A cosmetic surgery through the nose (trans-sphenoid resection of the pituitary) is usually done, if possible or else open skull surgery.

Hormonal effects are to be managed with medications.
Medicines do not reduce tumour size significantly.

I advise you not to waste much time.

It would greatly help if you could upload the MRI / reports here using the uploading service available on this site just below the text box. You can email the reports / scans to
YYYY@YYYY
with subject- (Attn: Dr. Prasad Akole)

I hope to have answered your query satisfactorily. I would be glad to answer any further queries. Please ask for any clarifications before closing and rating this query.
Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at http://bit.ly/Dr-Prasad-Akole
Good Luck! Thank you!!

Follow-up: Suffering from pituitary gland microadenoma. On medication. Getting pain in brain. Safe remedy? 5 hours later
Thanks for your consultation i have uploaded my reports of MRI and others have done by consulting 2 doctors one from Fortis hospital and IInd from XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Hospital .please have a look and reply me .

regards
XXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 6 hours later
Hello.
I saw the blood reports and they are all normal.
There is no treatment needed for these.

There are no MRI reports uploaded here.
Could you recheck and reload?