Suffering from pimples on neck, ears, forehead and cheek. Cure?

I am suffering from big pimples on my neck below 2 ears and also on forehead and cheeks. I had been to goa last few days before and ate sea food there. After coming back to Pune I am suffering from these pimples. I had acne problem but not to such extent. Please help me cure this.
Posted Mon, 17 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. R.G. Joshi 1 hour later

Thanks for writing.
It seems you have developed infective acne. Such types of acne can occur in following situations:
1. Humid weather with sweating.
2. Application of oily sunscreen with more SPF
3. Application of any face packs, mud packs etc over face.
4. Pinching out black heads, white heads.

All such situations can cause blockage of skin pores leading to acne. Eating sea foods does not seem to be direct cause for developing infections.
Start applying antibiotic cream like nadoxin gel over affected area two to three times daily along with oral analgesics like combiflam.
Use a good oil control cleansing lotion like cetaphil.
Do not apply any sunscreen, moisturizing lotion over your face. Change your soap if you are using like dove.
Do not try to squeeze the lesions.

I hope this can solve your problem. If you have any concerns I will feel happy to help you.

Follow-up: Suffering from pimples on neck, ears, forehead and cheek. Cure? 17 hours later
During my tour to goa, i had applied sunscreen with spf 40 pa+++. all over my face. I am applying surfaz-sn on the affected area since past 3 days. They seem to reduce a little. I had applied this antibiotic cream only on the pimples on my neck below ears, shall I use it on pimples over face as well or switch to nadoxin gel?

I have produced a lot of heat in my body too. So I thought this as a reason of pimples. I had applied Clinda -A on this infected area before Surfaz - sn. Which one should I prefer.

never use soap on my face. I prefer a face wash instead. but my skin is oily. I dont find any good face wash. Tried all brands. Which one should I go for? N how wil I treat the scars of these pimples once they are reduced? Please help.
Answered by Dr. R.G. Joshi 4 hours later

Thanks for follow up.

Yes, your acne may be related to sunscreens as already discussed. Never use such a higher spf sunscreen. If you want to apply sunscreens, you can use water based sunscreens which are less comedogenic (like suncross aqua gel)

Surfaz sn is a combination drug containing steroid, antibiotic and antifungal combination. It is not recommended for acne. In fact steroid present in it can worsen your acne once you stop it.

Both clindac a and nadoxin gel are anti acne drugs and you can apply any one of them. You can apply them on face also. They are safe.

For oiliness of your face you have many options as face wash. You can try benzyl peroxide face wash (like brovoxyl) or those containing glycolic acid (like ahaglow) - they will reduce oiliness and also will help to reduce comedones preventing formation of new acne lesions.

Acne is related to hormones and there is nothing like producing heat in the body.

Scars has to be dealed once you are in total control of acne. There are no creams for reducing scars. There are some physical methods like chemical peel, dermaabrasion or dermaroller which will help to reduce scarring. You need to consult a dermatologist for it.

I hope this can solve your problem. If you still have any concerns feel free to ask.

Follow-up: Suffering from pimples on neck, ears, forehead and cheek. Cure? 31 minutes later
I have washed my face with Cetaphil. It does not produce lather. Can I use cetaphil as well as (benzyl peroxide face wash (like brovoxyl) or those containing glycolic acid (like ahaglow)) simultaneously? Or which one should I prefer. Earlier you had recommended cetaphil to be used for face wash.
Answered by Dr. R.G. Joshi 1 hour later

Cetaphil cleansing lotion is a mild cleansing lotion .It is used in patients having sensitive skin.It does not cause peeling or dryness.

While brevoxyl and ahaglow are somewhat stronger in action.Benzyl peroxide in brevoxyl is used in routine acne treatments also.It will also increase action of antibiotic creams like clindac a, but they can produce dryness and peeling of skin.You have to be careful while using them.

So my suggestion will be you go for cetaphil for a month or so and see results. If you are satisfied then continue with it otherwise you can switch over to brevoxyl.