Suffering from piles, mild to slight severe elbow pain in hand. Are they related?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
My father age is 63. He is suffering from mild to slight severe elbow pain in left hand. Already he is suffering from piles problem. Is there is link between piles problem and left elbow or its related to heart problem?

Already he is medical supervsion for heart problem and he has the cholestral problem. he has the mild blockage in the heart. He had taken BP tablets for the past 10 years
Can you please advice on this?
Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
The pain in the elbow that your father is having is not likely to be related to piles or hypertension or hypercholesterolemia.
The pain on the back of elbow is likely to be related to ulnar nerve compression or inflammation. Most commonly it is caused by a tennis elbow or cubital tunnel syndrome.
He can help the improvement by-
1. Give adequate rest to the arm.
2. Apply cold therapy.
3. Get some anti-inflammatory medication prescribed from the orthopedician.
4. Immobilize the arm for a short period.
5. stretching exercises are helpful under the care of a physiotherapist.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.