Suffering from piles and constipation, smells from anus. Diagnosed with anal fissure. Had blood test. Findings?

Sir ,my wife is suffering from piles , constipation . However now her annal part small esophagus type in annal has come out due to the very heavy pressures she applied last three time while passing the stools . ( three days consecutively ) later on showing it to a Surgeon he suggested and informed her its is a Annal Fissure . Also advised her Blood tests . Where in we had CBC whose result is as follows . all parameters are with range WBC 5000 HG 13.6 , but only ESR is 60 mmhr during the blood drawing she had sever pain in in annal unbearable . Hence please advise what why the ESR is high . ThanksXXXXX Bangalore
Posted Tue, 17 Sep 2013 in Constipation
Answered by Dr. Prasad 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
ESR of 60 does not concern me.

Detailed Answer:
ESR is a non specific test. It doesn't bother any clinician if the patient is asymptomatic and when the levels are under 100. You can retest ESR level after few week. If the levels fall, you can ignore it.

The current above normal ESR may be the inflammation happening in her anal region; inflammation from anal fissure may be the reason for elevated ESR. Like I said earlier, it doesn't concern me. So you need not be worried. You can repeat the test after few weeks when she feel better.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.