Suffering from piles. Looking an information on laser treatment

My friend's father is suffering from piles. He has sugar level 230. I would like to know the laser treatment cost in chennai.
Posted Mon, 20 May 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

First of all his blood sugar needs to be controlled before surgery.

Apart from this I think what you are asking about is stapler surgery for piles. There is nothing like laser surgery for piles.

There are 2 types of surgery:

1. Using stapler: Preferred one. Less hospital stay and faster recovery. At the same time costly.
2. Conventional surgery: Less costly, needs long stay and time to recover.

The cost is difficult to calculate as it varies widely with the doctor, the type of hospital, other medical illness and medical condition of patient.

Please visit your family doctor, who will in better position to guide you on this.

I hope this helps.

Wishing him great health.

Follow-up: Suffering from piles. Looking an information on laser treatment 10 minutes later
Thanks for the reply doctor.

Since he is diabetic we felt other treatments would take longer duration to heal. Which would be the better treatment? Can piles be prevented in future using stapler treatment.
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 11 minutes later

Good to hear from you again.

Stapler would be a preferred option.

Stapler treats the present condition.It can not prevent re-occurrence.

Changes in life style like:Increase fiber intake,plenty of fluids orally etc prevent future occurrence.