Suffering from piles. Itching, burning and pain in rectum. Suggest effective medicine

Oncologist, Surgical
Posted Sat, 16 Mar 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 51 minutes later
Dear Sir,

Sorry to hear about your problem. You are probably suffering from an anal fissure in addition to piles (both of them can occur simultaneously). These problems are usually related to one's lifestyle and their symptoms get aggravated whenever one deviates from his normal food habits. Pain and itching would be more if you are constipated.
To get long lasting relied from these symptoms you will need to take certain measures for atleast 1 - 1.5 months.
- firstly take a high roughage diet (green leafy vegetables, salads, fibre - isabghola husk)
- avoid fatty, fried and spicy foods (they will lead to more pain). Have curd whenever you are eating out.
- drink a lot of fluids (3-4 lts - they will help in softening the stools)
- Sitz bath (take a tub and fill it with XXXXXXX warm water and sit in it for 10 mins twice a day)...this will help in reducing the pain
- Apply xylocaine jelly 2% at the site where it is hurting after the the sitz bath and before you pass stools. Another one Diltigesic cream and it can be applied twice a day.
- Take a laxative (2 tea spoons at night) if you are constipated.

These measure would provide you relied from your symptoms within 2-3 days but you need to continue them for atleast one month.
You should also consult a surgeon and have him evaluate you for any other associated problems. Surgery is another alternative but should only be tried after trying medical management for 2 months.

I hope I have answered your query and hope you get well soon.
Follow-up: Suffering from piles. Itching, burning and pain in rectum. Suggest effective medicine 3 hours later
what is the percentage of cure after surgery and is this possible to cure without surgery with the help of medicine,my main problem is my diet because my job is travelling job and so i have to take our side spict and fatty food atlease three to four days in a week
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 6 minutes later
Dear Sir,

It is a very pertinent question. Majority (80-90%) patients get cured of their symptoms after surgery BUT even after surgery you have to follow the same advise for atleast 1.5 months because there is a 50-60% chance of recurrence if you dont follow the above mentioned advise after surgery.
I know a lot of patients with the same problem due to their diet and my advise to them is to consume fruits/ salads and curd rice whenever they are travelling. This helps in keeping the symptoms at bay.

I hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to ask any other question.
Follow-up: Suffering from piles. Itching, burning and pain in rectum. Suggest effective medicine 7 minutes later
give me name of any medicine which give me quick relief from itching and pain and rest if treatment are simultaneousely going on
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 3 minutes later
Dear Sir,

You can start the treatment I have mentioned earlier. It will provide you relief within a couple of days. You can apply Diltigesic ointment twice over the affected area (it will reduce the pain and itching). Take Duphalac syrup (2 tsf) at night. It will help it softening the stools and reduce the pain.
In addition to this please carry out the treatment I have mentioned earlier.