Suffering from piles. Have bleeding and itchy lump on rectum. What should be done?

General Surgeon
I have been suffering from piles. I was bleeding for the last one month. Finally my bleeding has stopped, however I feel there are two small lumps on the outer wall of my rectum. It's uncomfortable to sit through for long and it itches. I was curious if I should us Smuth, piles cream on the lump to get rid of it or should I use warm water or ice to make the lump shrink. I don't know what to do. Would appreciate your advice. Thanks.
Posted Sun, 31 Mar 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 14 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

It is not possible to make hemorrhoids disappear completely. However there are some steps which can help with symptoms and should make it smaller.
First if all you should avoid constipation, keep your stool soft (increase mineral water intake and fiber XXXXXXX products), do not push hard on stool (it makes hemorrhoids being pushed out), wash your anus after every stool. Piles cream is fine and you can use it. You should try also Quercus Cortex sitz baths twice a day.
If no improvement after such treatment, you may visit a surgeon and get scheduled for surgery.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Follow-up: Suffering from piles. Have bleeding and itchy lump on rectum. What should be done? 15 hours later
I live in India. Could you please advise whether Quercus Cortex is available in India and whether there are any substitutes? Besides you advised using cream is okay. How many times a day and for how long should I continue with the cream. Will it have any side effects? Please advise. Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 10 hours later

Unfortunately I have no idea where in India you can get Quercus Cortex, sorry for that.
You can use this cream twice a day for a week. If no improvement, you should visit your doctor. This cream works locally and should not cause any side effects so its pretty safe to use it.

Hope this will help.