Suffering from peripheral neuropathy. Having constant nagging pain in ear. Effective treatment?

ENT Specialist
I am having "constant nagging pain in my born the ears". I have already been treated by local doctors but nothing see me to help. I tried Ayurvedic medicine; physical therapy.

However, I do suffer from peripheral neuropathy (in my feet); but my diabetes (A1C) is 5.6.
Posted Sat, 30 Mar 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Ravinder Sharma 23 hours later

I am Dr Ravinder Sharma ENT surgeon

On the basis of the information provided it appears you have a problem in your nose and sinuses or throat that is causing a problem in ear.

If you have recurrent nose block, nasal discharge and frequent sneezing your problem is confined to nose and if you have pain in throat, fever and difficulty in swallowing it means you have a problem in throat (tonsils or pharynx) .

It may be a acute infection in both ear . Your diabetes appears to be well in control.

I would advise you for a ENT consultation as this will settle the issue about your problem of pain in ear. For the pain in ear I would advise you for a ibuprofen paracetamol combination (Ibugesic plus)and a antiallergic and decongestant combination (Alerid D ) and a nasal spray (oxymetazoline). The need of antibiotic will require a ENT consultation.

I hope this answers your concern. Feel free to contact me if you need more information about it

with regards
Ravinder Sharma