Suffering from painful hemorrhoid. Suggestion for cure?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
Hi Doc, I'm XXXXXXX. I'm suffering badly from hemorrhoid. Please suggest a cure. It's very painful
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 4 hours later
Hemorrhoids is a common condition and mostly causes painless bleeding.
If complicated like infected or strangulated or prolapsed engorged hemorrhoids may cause pain.
Ideally for cure and further prevention of recurrence you should consult a general surgeon or your family doctor who can evaluate the cause (constipation etc)and severity(grade) , can rule out other painful problems like fissures or fistula and then start appropriate treatment.
Usually the early treatment consists of a local anaesthetic ( lignocaine based) ointments like anovate or any other brand , a stool softener like lactulose or cremaffin and thrice daily warm sitz bath to keep the area clean and provide soothing relief.
But if complicated antibiotics or injection therapy or surgical procedure might be required.
So please consult a doctor rather than self medication for best results depending on your clinical examination.
Hope I have answered your query.