Suffering from pain and tightening in stomach, burning sensation in stomach and burps. Suggestions

Question
hello, i am 59 years old male,i take Telpress MT 50 for blood pressure and Vigocil M 02/500 for diabetes. my gall bladder was removed in feb 2013.at present i am suffering from pain and tightening of stomach,pain goes down to abdomen,in stomach also right side and center pains more,when i push stomach burping starts,there is burning sensation in chest also. there is headache and pain in eyes also,but not always.sometimes feeling of giddiness is also there.my weight is 123 kg.and height is 6'3". pl guide me. XXXXXX
Posted Fri, 20 Dec 2013 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 1 hour later
Brief Answer: upper Gastrointestinal endoscopy to rule out reflu Detailed Answer: Namaste Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear Mr XXXXXXX You are predominantly having upper Gastrointestinal symptoms like pain in abdomen, burping and burning sensation in chest all these possibly be due to Gastroesophageal reflux disorder. The gastric contents reflux into oesophagus causing burning pain in the chest. I would suggest you the following 1. Investigation: I suggest you to undergo upper Gastrointestinal endoscopy, that will demonstrate reflux if any is existing and will also be helpful in.ruling out acid peptic disease 2.Avoid spicy /oily food 3. Consume small meals frequently, instead of three large meals a day. 4. Blood investigation including Complete blood count, Lipid Profile, Fasting blood glucose level and renal function test to me cause of giddiness 5. Exercise and increased physical activity:Brisk walking for 30minutes a day will be good beginning. It will help decreasing weight. I hope I have answered your query Do get back to me if you have any other query Wishing you a healthy life ahead Take care Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS MD

Follow-up: Suffering from pain and tightening in stomach, burning sensation in stomach and burps. Suggestions 12 minutes later
hello, i have consulted Gastrointerologist 6 months back he did upper gastrointestinal endoscopy and diagnosed me suffering from GERD and gave me Rabeprazol 20 D, i took it for 3 moths as advised but again i am suffering from the same.my fasting Blood sugar is 115 and pp is 156. pl advice me some good medicine to overcome GERD. sorry i could not find the report of endoscopy. pl guide me.XXXXX

Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: Combination of Pantaprozole and Domperidone Detailed Answer: Greetings Thank you for your information. Although you have got good height the weight is on higher. Your Body mass index (BMI) Is on higher side and it comes to 34.9. Management of gastroesophageal reflux is diet modifications and medication. Control of weight is also equally important, as obesity predisposes to reflux and may also worsen a preexisting reflux. I would suggest you Taking Tablet containing combination of Pantoprozole and Domperidone. It will increase gastric motility and help greatly in preventing reflux. I would also suggest some lifestyle modifications 1. Weight management preferably by brisk walking. 2. Avoid lying down immediately after eating, given atleast 30minutes gap 3. Avoid smoking/alcohol/caffeinated beverages including tea,coffee and soft drinks 4. Leisurely walk after meals will be beneficial 5. Diet modification:avoid oily and spicy foods. Preferably avoid liquid diet ,.semisolid and solid diet. Take five.small meals a day instead of three large 6. Stress reduction: Stress reduction have proved dramatic reduction on reflux. Relaxing technique like yoga,meditation and listening to music will be helpful. Hope this will help you reduce your symptoms. Wishing you good health. Take care Regards Dr T Shobha MBBS MD

Follow-up: Suffering from pain and tightening in stomach, burning sensation in stomach and burps. Suggestions 29 minutes later
Hello, thanks but pl mention the dose and in 20 or 40 mg. ? Twice or thrice a day? Parag

Brief Answer: Pantoprozole 40 mg twice daily Detailed Answer: Namasthe Pantoprozole 40 mg + Domperodone twice a day is sufficient. I hope i have answerd your query Do get back to me if you need any other information. Take Care Regards Dr T Shobha MBBS MD