Suffering from on and off fever and chills. What treatment is required?

I had a concussion Sept. 24. I have had chills and a high fever 3 times (101.3) in the last month. The fever will vary widely in the span of a day and will go back to normal in the span of a day. But this time the fever and chills are going up and down but lasting for 3 days. I am a 62 year old female in otherwise excellent shape.
Posted Tue, 13 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Piyush Ostwal 2 hours later
Three times in a month is a relatively high frequency for fever episodes. Ideally you need to be evaluated for cause of fever. Since you also had a seizure during this period so seizure may be related to conditions like infection of the brain. You will probably need investigations like MRI scan, EEG and lumbar puncture. Depending on the cause found, you will be started on medications. If concussion was significant and injury to the brain is there then that will also need treatment.
If you have more queries, i will be happy to answer.
Good luck.