Suffering from oesophagitis, inflammatory polyp and fundal gastritis. Suggest remedies?

Excellent

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Question
Hi, i am XXXXXXX XXXXXXX i am suffering from GRADE 2 OESOPHAGITIS, LAX XXXXXXX IMFLAMMATORY POLYP(This polyp is present still 10years), FUNDAL GASTRITIS.
Is it harmful? Pleaselet me know what are the remedies i need to take?
Posted Mon, 1 Jul 2013 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 30 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
There are 2 issues on endoscopy.
1.Esophageal proble: esophagitis with an inflammatory polyp is suggestive of severe infection. This will predispose to hiatus hernia or even stricture.
The treatment would composie of
1. Mutiple small feeds.
2. Avoidance of spicy foods,caffiene or even alcohol.
3. sleeping with the level of the chest above the body level.
4. Antacids like a combination of sparacid and omeprazole. Prokinetic medications would be required only if there is significant vomiting sensation.
2 Gastritis issue: Fundal gastritis will be taken care of by the above medications.
Proxyvon which you are taking should be avoided.
Survillance endoscopy at periodic intervals (yearly basis)
I hope this answers your querry.

Follow-up: Suffering from oesophagitis, inflammatory polyp and fundal gastritis. Suggest remedies? 6 minutes later
Why i want to aviod taking PROXYVON?

thanks for writing in.
Proxyvon is a anti spasmodic. It will give temporary relief of abdominal pain. It is important that the inflammation be controlled in order to relieve the pain. Therefore concomitant use of proxyvon will give a false sense of healing. With antacids and life style modifications the inflammation has to subside thereby giving relief of symptoms.
I hope this answers your doubt regarding proxyvon.

Follow-up: Suffering from oesophagitis, inflammatory polyp and fundal gastritis. Suggest remedies? 21 minutes later
May i know who is the best Gastreo physician in Banglore area. So that i can consult him and check once. Please provide me the name of the doctor and hospital details.

Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 12 minutes later
Since I am in Mumbai I will not be able to suggest a proper person in Bangalore. However you can visit the sites of Apollo and Manipal hospital in Bangalore. Thereafter check and verify on the net for their credentials and academic accomplishments. The one with the best level of professional accomplishment would be the best choice.
regards

Follow-up: Suffering from oesophagitis, inflammatory polyp and fundal gastritis. Suggest remedies? 2 minutes later
Thankyou for your advice sir, if any queries i will follow-up you, plz reply for sure.

Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 22 hours later
Yes I will surely reply all your queries.
regards

Follow-up: Suffering from oesophagitis, inflammatory polyp and fundal gastritis. Suggest remedies? 11 days later
Hi sir, i have told you previously about my problem regarding
GRADE 2 OESOPHAGITIS, LAX XXXXXXX IMFLAMMATORY POLYP(This polyp is present still 10years), FUNDAL GASTRITIS.

I am following the diet as you told and maintaining it. i stopped taking medicine since 10days and started to become free from it by regular diet. From then i am getting brubs after taking food or water. Some vomiting sensation while brushing teeth in the mornings. What is the reason for getting brubs and vomiting sensation?
Plz tell me sir, i am feeling psycologically sick about this issue.

Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 23 hours later
thanks for the feedback.
Increased flatulence is due to long term alteration of bacterial flora due to long term consumption of various medications. I would suggest that you start taking cultures in small amounts in the form of yogurts. This will reduce the flatulence. But it may require some time. As long as there is no vomiting you need not worry.
I hope this answers your query.

Follow-up: Suffering from oesophagitis, inflammatory polyp and fundal gastritis. Suggest remedies? 22 hours later
Hi sir, thank you very much for you reply, i have a question?
What are the fruits i must take n i must not take to reduce this problem, What quantity of milk i must take per day?

thanks for the feedback.
You should avoid citrus fruits like lemons, oranges , chikoos and sweet limes.
Best fruit for you is banana.
Regarding milk the routine volume say about a glass per day is good enough.
I hope this answers your querry.

Follow-up: Suffering from oesophagitis, inflammatory polyp and fundal gastritis. Suggest remedies? 14 minutes later
Hai Sir, thnak you for the reply, i have some more queries regarding
1. sleeping on which side(Left, Right, Straight,etc...)
2. What are the vegetables i should eat and not eat
3. What dry fruits should i avoid, whether i can eat dry fruits
4. Is it good if i do walking, if so how much time should i must walk
These are the questions i have for now....

Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 17 hours later
I will answer your querries sequentially.
1. Sleeping on the side is preferable more so on the left side.
2. Any green leefy vegetable is acceptable as long as it does not contain hot and spicy masalas. Masalas will aggravate the inflammatory component.
3. Dry fruits are acceptable. there is no specification except for cashews which should be avoided.
4. Yes walking is the best . Upto 45 minutes of walking is ideal for health.
I hope this answers all your doubts.