Suffering from nose and chest congestion. Diagnosed with sinusitis. Taking mox clav. Second opinion?

I have been sufferring from an infection
Earlier i was give mox clav 625 for 5 days and the infection again came back, and was referrefd to an ENT speacialist, and am advised to take advent for next 10day diagnosed for sinusitis, sufferring from congestion in chest and throat problem along with nose blockage, please advise, if possible, please speak to me on 0000
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Radhika 1 hour later

You are suffering from sinusitis and chest congestion with nose blockage .You have been prescribed Tablet Mox clav 625mg and Advent.

Tablet Advent is used to treat upper respiratory tract infections (including ENT – Ear, Nose and Throat diseases) e.g. recurrent tonsillitis, sinusitis, otitis media, lower respiratory tract infections like acute exacerbation of chronic bronchitis, lobar and broncho-pneumonia.

You are having symptoms of upper respiratory tract infection and sinusitis like nasal drainage, a feeling of nasal stuffiness, sore throat etc. The diagnosis and medications are both right.

The antibiotic prescribed to you needs to be continued for a minimum of 10 days. For some people if it does not get resolved in 10 days it will be continued to 14-21 days upon the doctor’s advice.

Along with these medications you should also do steam inhalation thrice a day with menthol drops. Also take warm soups, beverages, warm food. Avoid oily and spicy food. You can use cough lozenges like Koflet to prevent cough.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.