Suffering from non allergic rhinitis. Is there any permanent cure for this?

ENT Specialist
Question
respected doctor, i am suffreing from non allergic rhinitis, is there any permanent cure for this, respected sir, can u please tell me the curing ways of nonallergic rhinitis permanently by allopthy or homoeopathy or ayurvedha.
please give reply.
Posted Wed, 7 Nov 2012 in Asthma and Allergy

Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 22 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

1. You have either a non-specific allergy or vasomotor (intrinsic) rhinitis. Get your nose examined by a local ENT Specialist.The colour of the inside of the nose will give a clue as to what is happening.

2. There is no cure for allergy, however it may be controlled. I would also like to know in what percentage of symptoms would you rate sneezing, nasal discharge , obstruction, eye symptoms headaches and other problems?

3. Avoiding the offending trigger is the best measure, though this is very difficult in cases of non-specific allergy or non-allergic rhinitis such as yours.

4. A trial with the following medication should be tried under medical supervision. An anti-allergic combination of levocetrizine and an anti-leukotriene such as montelukast, a steroid nasal spray such as mometasone or fluticasone and steam inhalation should be tried for two weeks.

5. You may follow up with the results of this treatment after two weeks for further advice.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.

Regards.

Follow-up: Suffering from non allergic rhinitis. Is there any permanent cure for this? 39 hours later
Respected Sir,

Thank you for your reply, yesterday i carried out blood test for allergy, in that test the TOTAL IgE (TIGE) is 592.4 IU/ml, Eosinophyils is Basophils count is 00%.

Is it due to allergic Rhinitis or non-allergic Rhintis, please explain or
i am also suffered with Lichen Planus. or is it due to Lichen Planus? Can u please give entire process including diagnosis, precautions, treatment.....
sorry i missed the Eosinophylls count, it is 04%.

Waiitng for your reply

Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 11 hours later

Thank you for writing back.

1. You Eosinophil count is within normal limits.

2. Your Total IgE count is mildly raised above normal. There are non allergic causes for a mild increase in IgE. Unless Antibody Specific IgE is identified, this test is of limited value.

3. Allergy is one of many causes postulated for Lichen Planus. The true cause is unknown and hence co-relating these two is difficult.

4. Take a trial of the medication suggested above for two weeks and follow up again.

Regards.

Follow-up: Suffering from non allergic rhinitis. Is there any permanent cure for this? 13 hours later
Repsected sir,

thank you for your reply, so i think it is mainly due to nonallergic? but my question is whether it is alleric or non allergic, i want to confirm and take precaution exactly so that the problem will not increasing to other chronic diseases.

Please tell how to confirm whether it is allergic or nonallergic?

can u explain, what is Antibody Specific IgE? is it a test.

Waiting for your reply.

XXXXXXX

Thank you for writing back.

1. To decide between allergy or vasomotor (intrinsic) rhinitis, get your nose examined by a local ENT Specialist. The colour of the inside of the nose will give a clue as to what is happening.

2. Immunoglobulin E (IgE) is a class of antibody IgE's main function is immunity to parasites and plays an essential role in type I hypersensitivity including allergic rhinitis and other allergic diseases. It binds with specific antigens causing mast cell de-grantulation which releases many chemicals which are powerful mediators of inflammation and allergy even up to anaphylaxis (severe shock). The test gives an idea about the amount of IgE in circulation (which is a very small amount but is very potent). Its interpretation is done with physical findings, signs and symptoms.

Regards.