Suffering from nightfall. How to get rid of this?

Hi,My age 30 years, i have the suffering from night fall. it is effected to my marriage life and sex?
please give the suggestion to me
Posted Sun, 24 Feb 2013 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 54 minutes later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

Nightfall (i.e. passage of semen during sleep) is a normal and common phenomenon which is seen in a majority of young males. It does not have any bad effects on health and does not lead to any medical or sexual problems.

Some people have many wrong ideas about nightfalls - that it causes ill effects on health like nervous weakness, reduced energy, etc or sexual problems like impotence in the future. All this is NOT true and these are just myths and misconceptions.

So, don't worry, this will not affect your married life or sexual functioning in any way.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist & Sexologist
Follow-up: Suffering from nightfall. How to get rid of this? 24 hours later
Thank for your help, i feel very happy now....:)

I have one more quarry, some times passing the urine penis is paining very much.

Pls give the suggestion to me.
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 17 hours later
Hello again,

Pian or discomfort while passing urine is indicative of a urinary infection. If this problem is severe and happening frequently, I would advise you to do a urine test to look for any infection. If so, you need a course of antibiotics. Also, not drinking water suffficiently can also predispose to developing urinary infections. So drink at least 2 to3 litres of water per day. You can also try drinking Cranberry juice (should be available in super markets), which is a natural urinary anti-septic and can help you for this problem.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist & Sexologist