Suffering from nervous pain in neck and shoulders. Taking medication. Solution?

Why people of this age suffered from nervous pain that are present at the neck and shoulders. I'm suffering form these pains from 1 week onwards and using medicines prescribed by RMP doctor. I used them regularly upto 4 days. Now I got a little relaxed and if I'm using the medicines I'm able to handle the pain if not, I'm suffering from severe pain . Shall I know the reasons and dietary food that is preferred? Please let me know the appropriate solution for this.

Thanks in Advance
Posted Fri, 5 Jul 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sandhya Manorenj 38 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.

I understand your concern, but nothing to worry about it. I learn from your query that you have neuralgic pain in neck and shoulders of 1 week duration that responds to medicines.

I would like to ask few questions to help you better.

a) nature of pain, is it simple pain or neuralgic pain (tingling, numbness)

b) Is there any restriction of neck movement because of pain?

c) Is there any difficulty in raising the hand above shoulder?

d) Is the pain radiating from neck to shoulder? or reaching arm?

Two conditions to be considered

a) cervical myofascitis with periarthritis shoulder

b) cervical spondylitis with radiculopathy involving both shoulder

Based on detail history and clinical examination one can pin-point the cause of pain at neck and shoulders.

Dietary food preferred in both the conditions are calcium XXXXXXX food (milk, curd, custard apple)

Plenty of oral fluids

Evaluation depends on the clinical diagnosis

Awaiting your follow up

Follow-up: Suffering from nervous pain in neck and shoulders. Taking medication. Solution? 16 hours later
Thanks for your reply..

As mentioned above , no such symptoms are observed. Just only the pain from neck to shoulder.
Answered by Dr. Sandhya Manorenj 13 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

Just pain from neck to shoulder is consistent with cervical spondylosis with radiculopathy versus cervical myofascitis ( inflammation of muscle of neck with fascia involvement).Clinical examination will help to diagnose it.

Hope this would help you. I apologize for delay in reply.