Suffering from neck pain and eye twitching while boxing. Should I be concerned?

Nov 2013

I was sparring in the Boxing gym on Monday and took many punches to the head. I never lost consciousness, had my memory fully intact, and experienced no pain or discomfort in the hours immediately after my session. However, the next day I had some very serious neck pain, and had pain on the parts of my head where I was hit. I also experienced nausea with no vomiting. Two days after, the pain in my neck and around my head was almost gone. In addition, there was still a little bit of nausea but nothing serious. As of yesterday, the head and neck pains are completely gone. But my left eye has been twitching quite a bit since then. Should I be concerned about the twitching?
Posted Thu, 12 Dec 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: There is no need of concern at present. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query. It is good to note that you have been steadily improving over the past few days, and your headache and neck pain have gone away. Twitching of the eye is not related to the injury to head or neck, and there is no need to worry about that. The most common reason for that is strain to the eye, due to prolonged computer use, stress, less sleep, etc. So, this would improve if you sleep adequately (7-8 hours) per night and give rest to your eyes. Please get back if symptoms persist beyond a few days. I hope it helps. Please get back if you require any additional information. Wishing you good health, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: My BLOG: