Suffering from neck pain. Prescribed with roxicodone and morphine. Safe?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
my doctor sent me to a pain mng doc i was taking 15 mgs of roxicodone 4times a day pain mng doc changed me to 30 mgs of morphine and 15 mgs for break thru it helps for my lower back but not not for my neck i called and told him about monday and all he did was change my muscle relaxer i want him to change the break thru meds but i dont want to be deemed an addict or drug dealer i am new to all of this i was in a roll over car accident 3 weeks ago on my way to work ive never taken pain meds before this but i have heard horrible stories about doctors just cutting you off from any thing at all im scared to ask him ive only seen him once so we dont really have relationship yet
Posted Tue, 11 Jun 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 30 hours later
Your pain management physician has already given you a strong analgesic- morphine. Since this is not helping with your neck pain, the dosage of break through medicine can be increased. For this, you need to talk to your specialist.
I currently have no legal support to prescribe medicines online. The scripts that an online physician writes are not accepted at your local pharmacy.
The pain medications are prescribed depending on the response to the medicines. Since the response is not complete, you need to give a feedback to the specialist. Do not suggest about an increase in the dosage. Let him decide the best thing for you.
Since all these are prescription medicines, you will have to request your specialist for the same. Please do not worry. He will not stop your pain medicines.
Hope this is helpful.
I am available for the follow ups if there are any.
Follow-up: Suffering from neck pain. Prescribed with roxicodone and morphine. Safe? 16 hours later
Thank you for you re help i will ask him on tuesday wene he is back in his office i app ur response i was just to nervous to ask him i dont want any trouble i would just like not to be in pain anymore and get better as soon as possible my wife is 6 months pregnant and i would like to be able to play and hold my son wene he is born.

I have another ? He did an mri of my lower back that is how he found the buldging discs wondering why he did just the lower back and not my neck as well seen as my neck has more pain then my back and also told him of the stress and knots i have up there as well the stress or tention i have in my neck is causing what seems to be migran head aches wene i told him this info he just said we dont treat head aches and told me i would need to see a nuroligist for that. I find that kinda strange seen as the head aches are brought on by the stress or tention in my neck wich he is treating with muscle relaxors wich are also not working to well for me before i left his office that day he gave me a few shots of novicain on left side but did nt do the right side as well that did work but it only lasted that day
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 7 hours later
Since the pain is more in your neck, the MRI scan of neck should have been done to see the damage. You can request for it when you see him on Tuesday.
The bulging discs in the cervical spine can cause a headache. Avoid any abnormal neck positions. Do not use a pillow. You can use a soft neck collar for relief.