Suffering from nausea, vomiting. Not cured by allopathic or ayurvedic medicine. What should I do?

Hi , I am XXXXXXX . I am suffering from extreme nausea since last 4 month. Everytime I have a vomitting sense. Cannot even wear jeans now a days. I took levagastrol & nexpro for ling but no result then I switched over to ayurvedic medicine but still no improvment. Everytime there some irritation going on in my stomach I feel something is going round and round in stomach . What should I do please guide me. I am scared of endoscopy also so please treat me. Plz
Posted Tue, 21 Aug 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rajeev Chavda 24 minutes later
Thanks for using the XXXXXXX I am happy to address your questions, your history seems to be suggestive of severe reflux disease or peptic ulcer. To confirm and come to a diagnosis, would suggest an endoscopy (or barium swallow or USG) to identify the nature of the problem, you need to be tested for H.pylori using a stool antigen test or a urea breath test. Avoid fried, chillies and junk food, quit any tobacco if you have habit of taking, avoid alcohol or aerated cold drinks and tea/coffee, do not keep your stomach empty, take more fluids, fibres and rice, avoid stress. Depending on the results of these investigations, if diagnosed with ulcer then further treatment like antibiotics for H.pylori, anti-emetics and proton pump inhibitor needs to be started. Will recommend to avoid taking symptomatic medications, try to get yourself diagnosed. I hope I have addressed your concerns. If you have any further query, I will be happy to help. Thanks
Follow-up: Suffering from nausea, vomiting. Not cured by allopathic or ayurvedic medicine. What should I do? 1 hour later
ok . but dont want to do endoscopy. is there any other way of doing some test like ultrasound or sonography
Answered by Dr. Rajeev Chavda 3 hours later
Ultrasound waves are reflected by air or gas; therefore ultrasound is not an ideal imaging technique for the bowel. Barium exams and CT scanning are the methods of choice for bowel-related problems. Ultrasound waves do not pass through air; therefore an evaluation of the stomach, small intestine and large intestine may be limited. After establishing a diagnosis, then for more precision and exact dimensions of details can then be identified through endoscopy. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health