Ask a Dentist   »  

Suffering from mouth ulcers and blisters. Not cured by medication. Any advice?

Dentist, Prosthodontics
I have been suffering from mouth ulcers/blisters from the past 2 years now.
I have been on medication, changed my toothpaste etc. There has been no remedy so far.
It is repetitive and most of the times occur on the same area.
Please advice a cure for this.
Posted Wed, 21 Nov 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Shivangi Gajwani Jain 1 hour later

After reading your symptoms and history, i feel that you may be suffering from traumatic ulcers. They usually occur in the same area due to constant irritation or trauma by sharp or fractured teeth. If so, the treatment is to get the aforementioned teeth polished and the sharp edges removed so that they do not cause further injury to the tissues.
I would recommend you to visit your dentist for the same.

If the ulcer does not resolve after the treatment then i suggest that you get a biopsy done of the area for further diagnosis.

If there is any other query, do let me know.