Suffering from mild chest pain. Blood test showed less vitamin B12 and D. What should I do?

General Surgeon
I m 32 yr old suffering from mild pain in left side chest from 6 months. Smtime it goes to back too. I smoke 3 cigrettes daily. I hv consulted cardiologist n hv done sm invstigtions like bp ecg echo tmt at starting.all r normal. Bt pain is still there. Doc told me that i hv less vitamin b12 & vitamin d after blood test. Bt i m confused that wat it cud be.
Posted Wed, 27 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Could be related to smoking and GERD Detailed Answer: Namaste Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear Mr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX It's good to know that your Cardiac reports are normal, it rules out Ischaemic Heart Disease and cause of your symptoms. Vitamin B 12 and Vitamin D deficiency are coincidentally detected abnormality. They by themselves do not explain the Symptoms of your left side chest pain. Ischemic heart disease has been ruled out as the cause of your chest pain substantiated by normal ECG, tmt and Echocardiography. I would consider the possibility Oesophageal spasm and Gastro-oesophageal reflux (GERD) as the cause of your symptoms especially if your pain has no relation with exertion or physical activity and if there is associated retro sternal burning pain. I hope your doctor has ruled out musculoskeletal pain as cause of pain by thorough clinical examination. I suggest you to completely restrain yourself from smoking as it will definitely aggravate your pain. Taking a combination of Pantoprozole and Domperidone for a week may bring significant improvement. I hope I have cleared your doubts. In case you have any other query Kindly get back to me. Regards Dr Deepak Kishore Consultant Surgeon