Suffering from migraine and blurry vision. How to stop this?

Hello. I suffer from migraines and was wondering is there any way to stop the migraine XXXXXXX after it has begun leading up to the migraine headache. i can not see and my vision is blurry and zig zagged for about an hour. thanks
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Shiva Kumar R 2 hours later

Regarding the migraine aura's and prevention, you have couple of options to prevent the progression of XXXXXXX to headache. You can try two kinds of medicines. One is simple pain killers like a combination of paracetamol and aspirin at the time of onset of auras. You can also use medications like triptans (sumatriptan, rizatriptan) if you don't respond to above combination.

In addition you need to be on prophylactic medications for prevention of migraine attacks. Commonly used medicines are propranolol, topiramate and flunarizine. These medicines are to be used under supervision for a period of 3-6 months.

I am sorry you are dealing with this frustrating concern. The bottom line is that you need to see arrange an appointment with your Neurologist and get yourself started on one of these medicines for treatment of acute attacks and prevention of migraine.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups. Please accept my answer in case you do not have follow up queries.

Dr Shiva Kumar R
Neurologist & Epileptologist