Suffering from migraine. The vein in neck is pulsating noticeably and strongly. Should I be concerned?

The vein in my neck on the right side is pulsating noticeably and strongly. It's the same side on which I experience migraines recently. Should I be concerned?
Posted Mon, 15 Oct 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later
Thanks for the query

The feelings you are having in your neck are called palpitations which is common symptom of the migraine and anxiety. whenever you experience such pulsation have check up at your Blood pressure and pulse rate. if they are fine then its due to anxiety and nothing is serious however if you find any abnormality in the pulse rate and rhythm then an ECG is recommended.

If you have some queries, feel free to ask