Suffering from migraine. Suggest some exercise and diet

What is the excercise,diet chart & vitamins and minerals to reduce this disease?
She is my mother age-59 weight-70,usualy she takes any pain killer,we shown many doctor but there is not any conclusion.when she feel pain than she takes pain killer after that she do bomating and BP low.
Posted Thu, 15 Nov 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Piyush Ostwal 2 hours later
I gather that your mother is suffering from migraine and takes pain killers for headache as required.
Unfortunately there is no exercise,diet, vitamins and minerals to reduce the headache of migraine. Nor is there a cure for the disease. However the frequency of headaches can be significantly reduced by taking regular medications for prophylaxis. Also I would like to comment that your mother's age is a little more for headaches of migraine to continue. Usually by this age migraine should subside. We need to consider other possibilities as well at this stage.
Ask her to maintain the a migraine dairy and note the onset of headache, situations, time and day, food etc. That helps her avoid the situations and food. Maintain a good water intake upto 3 litres of water per day.
If you have any more queries, I will be happy to answer.
Good luck.