Suffering from migraine. Looking for permanent cure. What treatment should be done?

Hi sir, one of my close friend is suffering from migraine......i want to know the treatment for curing migraine permanenlty....plz help it will give her relief....daily the patient is getting pain.
thanks in advance..... XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 4 Sep 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 26 minutes later

I can appreciate your concern four your friend.

There are two types’ medicines for migraine.

1. Preventer: This prevents attacks of migraine
2. Treatment: This treats the attack of migraine.

The preventer medicines are needed to be taken on regular basis to prevent attack of migraine.

Please ask her to visit and consult neurophysician in your city who can help.

Now a day’s very good and effective drugs are available for migraine.

Ask her to prepare a diary, by which she can know what triggers the attack of migraine and if possible she can avoid it.

In general ask her to take healthy diet, maintain ideal weight and do regular exercise.

I hope this helps.

Wishing her good health.

Follow-up: Suffering from migraine. Looking for permanent cure. What treatment should be done? 47 hours later
Hi sir, thanks for your valuable reply....i have one more question....
I heard about one treatment which cures all kind of pains even migraine....

And the treatment is ALGIATRY, i heard that in this treatment the doctor will inject pain curing injection without any side effects. Some methods of treatment in this algiatry which i read in articles were,

1.percutaneous nucleotomy.
2.Radiofrequency ablation.
3.Ozone injection.

Can u please tell me whether this treatment is good or bad, the information from you may help her. So please can you give suggestions. Sorry as i came to know about the treatments i am asking advice from you sir.

Thanks allot in advance,
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

Good to hear from you again.

Pain medicine is rapidly evolving branch of medicines and pain medicine consultants are increasing in most of the cities.

Still it is yet to established it self.

We doctors are still not very clear about its various applications so at present it in developing stage in India.

For her, as advised earlier, please advise her to see neurophysician and take his opinion.

Migraine now a day with new medicines is quite controllable.

As far as treatment you are talking about, we are yet to use any of them in our patients.