Suffering from mental disturbance. How to get relief?

Hi, My name is XXXXXXX.I am 24 yrs old. I am always tensed, i dont want a marriage now.My parents are not listening to me. I am feeling like dying.I am not able to talk to people or do my work or anything.I am always feeling like quitting this life. Please help me to reduce this pain....
Posted Wed, 21 Nov 2012 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 3 hours later

Welcome to Healthcare Magic and thanks for your query.

You seem to be going through a very tough time in your life. I know how difficult it is to be under this much of mental tension constantly.

Now, first of all, you are in a state of extreme mental stress, so much so that you are having suicidal thoughts. This stress and depressive thoughts are already causing you much of social, occupational and day-to-day dysfunction So, the first step is to seek professional help to handle this stress and depression.

I understand that your family situation and pressure for marriage is one of the main readons for your tension and depression. But please remember that only if you are able to stay stable and calm, you will be able to do something about your situation. If you become totally stressed out and give up hope, then your problems will only become more difficult to handle.

Now, there are effective treatment options available which can help you come out of this depressive phase. You will need counselling / psychotherapy to handle your stress and depressive symptoms and help you handle this situation in a more effective way. In addition, you may also need medication for a short period to relax your mind and help you with your depression.

So, I would strongly advise you to consult a psychiatist urgently, for a detailed evaluation and further management. Also, please keep talking to someome close to you, so that you can offload your emotional burden and feel more supported.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist
Follow-up: Suffering from mental disturbance. How to get relief? 5 minutes later
Is there any medicine or anything like that that can do something immediatly to me, as i cant go to a doctor now...can you please suggest any hospital or doctor in bangalore near madivala, so that i can visit them...
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 17 hours later
Hello again XXXXXXX,

There are anti-anxiety and anti-depressant medication which can definitely help you relax and decrease your anxiety / tension. Some of these medication can act immediately to help you with your symptoms. However, you will need to see a psychiatrist in person and to get a prescription.

I can suggest Dr. P.S. XXXXXXX in Koramangala. St. John's Hospital also has good psychiatrists. Please don't hesitate to seek help as you will surely benefit from it.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist