Suffering from masturbation addiction. Worried for premature ejaculation

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Dec 2012
Dec 2012

Question
hi,doctor,
Im 26 years old male, my wedding is in 2 months,
i m afraid of PE,as i was masturbating alot may be twice a day for quite long time ago,
my question is as follow
how long it takes to get over the masturbating effect and get a longer sex?
also is it taking the same time to ejaculation in both masturbating and real sex ?
what you suggest to improve my sexual health and it is too late for that

Thank you in advance
Posted Tue, 12 Mar 2013 in Premature Ejaculation

Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 15 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX,

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

Your question might sound easy but at the same time very technical because on the one side some doctors advice masturbation as a healthy sexual activity, while on the other side they are known future complications like erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation (PE), increased sensitivity of the prepuce, lack of sex affinity for your sex partner and even lack of ejaculation can even occur.
But I do think masturbation is a good healthy activity when done moderately and not become addicted. It is when you are suffering from masturbation addiction that this becomes a problem as it confers with your day to day activities including your relationship with another woman.
Now what you term preejaculation depends mostly on the two sex partners. There is no threshold for normal ejaculation period after penetration. While to some people lasting less than 2mins is a problem, to some people it is quite normal.
To me, there is no reason to be scared. For now, you can gradual start quitting masturbation or reduce the number of weekly and daily episodes, until you can manage twice to trice weekly (maximum). Your wife might be fine if you can manage up to 1-2 minutes of continuous penetration.
You can practice multiple organism sex ( not multiple discharge). You can stop to and fro movements each time you feel you are about to come, then continue ones the pleasure subsides until you can maintain a longer period. You can also practice continuous penetration even after ejaculating. Your wife will barely notice you ejaculated if you can keep calm during your first ejaculation and just continue without her realizing that you already ejaculated. Even if your penis drops down, you can continue. With experience and lot of discipline you can overcome PE and even the anxiety that can cause that. Remember that all of this is in your mind and you can say to yourself repeatedly that it is under control.

Wish you the best and hope this was helpful
If do not have any further queries, please do take some time to accept my answer.
Wishing you a better health
Dr Nsah