Suffering from malaria, headache and leg cramps. Tested positive for blood culture. Required treatment?

Question
Hi Doctor, my fiance is suffering from fever for last 2 weeks, in between she was tested positive for malaria and now recovered, tested negative for dengue, has been having headaches, leg cramps for last 2 days, nose bleeding 2 nights back which was on the higher side, tested positive for blood culture. hence need to check your thoughts.
Also an excert from the report is as follows "haematology says leucocyte count 90k, dlc test polymorph lymphocyts n monocyts r 10 n 0 % lower than usual all other r higher, cml cml referon a pyrigesic coblex"
Overall, need to understand what could be the problem, the level of problem, possible cure and time period for recovery. How long do you think she would take to be discharged to go come back home.
Posted Sat, 15 Dec 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 19 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
welcome to healthcare magic!
Your fiancee seems quite sick because she has been ill for long and has not responded to treatment, a temporary resolution of fever can not be said as recovery.
You have mentioned a leukocyte count as 90k, it is alarming. I would like to see the scanned copies of the X XXXXXXX chest and blood reports before I can give my fine tuned opinion.
Hope you would put a follow up query soon.

Follow-up: Suffering from malaria, headache and leg cramps. Tested positive for blood culture. Required treatment? 2 days later
Hi Doctor,
not been able to obtain the copy of reports as yet, nevertheless like to put forth soemthing. The excerpt from the report says ""haematology says leucocyte count 90k, dlc test polymorph lymphocyts n monocyts r 10 n 0 % lower than usual all other r higher, cml cml referon a pyrigesic coblex". Like to check the mention of cml here does it necessarily indicate she has cml.
Like to add she has been feeling dizzy for last 2-3 days, plus being injected something everyday probably a medicine plus there was some test done yesterday by injecting something in her spine, wondering what this could be for.
You may also wonder why am I not able to get a complete report, there are reasons for that which I cant discuss here hence trying to do everything possible otherwise.
Look forward to your support on this,
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic Physician's Desk!
A total leukocyte count of 90k/mm3 means a Blood cancer unless proven otherwise.
You should repeat a CBC and get Peripheral Blood Smear detailed report to rule in/out and it is worth while to consult a hematologist if that is the case.
Some blood malignancies respond excellently if managed early, so being proactive can be the very important step in deciding prognosis.
Wish you a great health!