Suffering from major migraine and nausea. What is the cause and cure?

I have been having for several months a regular to major migraine located on the frontal part of my crane, and it only happens in two circumstances:
In the morning when I leave my house and start walking in the street
In the evening when I take the bus, in addition with nausea symptoms

I have breakfast, dinner and lunch, I eat vegetables and fruits, don't smoke and sleep at least 7 hours a day.

The pain lasts for a few weeks, goes away for a long time and then comes back.
Posted Tue, 1 Jan 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query here,

You have episodic chronic headache which according to your description seems like episodic tension type headache.

I would like to know following:
1) Do you have refractive error for which you use glasses?
2) Do you take analgesic pills often?
3) Do you have too much stress?

Usually such headaches are not serious; but if anything serious is suspected, a CT scan of Head may need to be done.

Otherwise you seem to have healthy lifestyle.

Once I get your reply to above questions, I can answer in detail.

With regards
Dr. Akhilesh Dubey M.D.
Follow-up: Suffering from major migraine and nausea. What is the cause and cure? 49 minutes later
I do use glasses, I have a little bit of astigmatism and it's true that for work I have to spend a lot of hours everyday in front of the computer.
I only take analgesic when my period, which ends up being 3 to 5 pills per month (Ibuprofen 200mg)

I tend to be stressed easily, but compared to past periods in my life I don't consider it high in the present.
Thanks for your reply.

There may be factor from refractive error and long hours of work on computer, so if have not checked your eyes please check and if required correct it.

Your use of analgesic is within reasonable limit so please do not worry and if possible use only Paracetamol.

Please take up some form of meditation and XXXXXXX breathing exercises and even regular walking exercise reduce stress and frequency of headache.

If your problem persists then a consultation with Neuro-Physician and CT scan of head can be planned.

This should suffice for now, if you have any further query, I will be happy to answer that, otherwise rate my answer and close this discussion.

With Regards.
Dr. Akhilesh Dubey M.D.