Suffering from lower back pain and thigh pain. How to reduce the pain?

Spine Surgeon
I had a fall while taking bath even though there are no adverse finding in MRI/X XXXXXXX i got lower back .I was advised bed rest last year post th incident .This year again i am getting similar pain since i use a car with low bucket seat.

This pain is from lower back and in back thigh
Posted Sun, 2 Dec 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. S K Mishra 37 minutes later

You have already pointed out two reasons for your problem. 1. Extra weight 2. Sitting position.
The following measures can help to reduce your problem.

1.     Weight reduction- If walking causes pain, then dietary method can be used. Increase the amount of low calorie salads. eg cucumber etc and water in your diet. Stop junk and fried food. For a detailed diet planning a dietician can be of great help.

2.     Proper sitting position- Not only in the car, but also in office. Sit with back totally supported and you never bend forward.

3.     Back extension exercises to strengthen the back muscle. You can consult a physiotherapist who would be able to suggest exercise.

If there is any acute muscle spasm (physiotherapist can very well tell). Then delay exercises for 2-3 weeks, and give rest to the muscles. Muscle relaxants and/or ultrasound therapy will help.

Hope this helps you. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you