Suffering from lower back pain. Xray showed partial sacralization between L5/S1 vertebras. Concerned

I suffer from low back pain. After X-Ray done, there is partial sacralization between L5/S1 vertebras on Lt. side and MRI is showing => degenerative changes of lumbar spine; Early osteoporosis ; L4/L5, L5/S1 moderate disc bulges.
Posted Fri, 12 Oct 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 3 hours later
Hello and thanks for posting the query
Osteoporosis is a common phenomenon in female after menopause. Lumber spondylosis is a part of it. You are diabetic so you have to be more careful about your spine. Consult your doctor and get effective supplements like calcium and vitamin D3 etc. whichever is needed and cost effective.
To get a pain free spine lifelong you have to follow some instructions strictly:
1. Use hard bed to sleep and avoid pillow.
2. Your sitting posture should be straight and have to be changed every half hourly.
3. Avoid jerky movements of back and neck.
4. You can take analgesics and anti-inflammatory drugs orally or can apply gel locally to reduce pain. Hot fermentation and massage roller or heated mattress pad can help.
5. Wear Lumbosacral belt while standing, walking, and driving.
6. Do regular physiotherapy and exercise as advised by your physiotherapist.
7. Most importantly keep your blood sugar level in control. My advice is to get your HbA1C every three monthly and fasting blood sugar once in 15 days. Consult your doctor and adjust the medication accordingly.
Feel free to consult your doctor whenever feasible. I hope if you follow the instructions you may not need to visit your doctor for pain.
Hope you got answer to all your queries. You rating and comments will be appreciated. I will be happy to answer your other related queries.
Best Wishes
Dr. Kulbir Singh