Suffering from lower back pain. What treatment should be done?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I have been suffering from Low Back pain since last 6 months. Pl advise.
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 42 minutes later

To allow me to help you better, please let me know if you also have any of the following complaints:
- Pain radiating to lower limbs
- Parasthesia and numbness in lower limb
- Weakness in lower limbs
- Back pain develops after lifting heavy weight or strenuous activity
- Pain associated with stiffness in your back
- Pain aggravated on forward bending
- Pain in other joints

Actually, there are many reasons for back pain, based on there location, cause and character.

The common cause may be Slip disc, sleeping posture defect, Spondylolisthesis, Muscular strain, Ligaments sprain, Herniated disc, Spinal stenosis,Osteoporosis, Fibromyalgia and some time nerve irritation also.

I strongly advice you to go for x-ray/MRI of of back after consulting spine surgeon. It will help to know the root cause of your problem.

Till then, do not lift any heavy things, avoid forward bending and exercises. Take complete rest.

Please reply back with answers to my questions, so that I can clear more about your problem.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.

Wishing you good health.....
Dr Saurabh Gupta
Orthopaedic Surgeon