Suffering from lower abdominal pain. What could be causing this and any cure?

having a stomach pain lower part of the abdomen some one say could be a ulser feel tired and dry mooth this happen once every 2 or 3 month feel better when i just lay down for a while
am a male 49yrs had a colon scopie all good
Posted Mon, 3 Dec 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Kappan 1 hour later

Abdominal pain could be due to many reasons. Ulcers in the stomach can be one of them. To comment on the pain you are suffering from, I would like to know a little more details.

1.     The exact location of the pain. Like Upper right quadrant, Lower left quadrant etc.
2.     Does the pain have any relation to food? Whether it occurs immediately or within few hours of having food.
3.     Any other difficulties like pain while passing urine, vomiting, loose motions, constipation etc.?

To confirm a diagnosis, you will have to undergo blood and urine tests and endoscopy of the upper gastro-intestinal tract. Sometimes an ultrasonography may be required. These tests together can rule out whether it is due to an ulcer in the stomach or due to any other causes. With that said, there are small tips which can make you feel better.
-     Drink at least 2-3 litres of water per day.
-     Avoid oily and spicy food.
-     Have food at regular times, which should include fresh fruits and vegetables.
-     Sleep well and avoid stress.
-     Avoid smoking if you smoke.

Don’t worry. First thing to do is to get examined by a gastroenterologist. Then, do the required tests as advised.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can help you further. Thank you.