Suffering from low back pain, neck pain, numbness in fingers, sleeplessness. Is it cervical spondylosis?

Question
Hi Doctor ,

I am having below issue,
1. low back pain
2. neck pain (but i can move my nect normally) but there is crunchy sound
3.nimbness and fingers
4. Always feeling uneasy
5.very less sleep
7. thirsty every 15 minutes
8.tired very soon
9. Some one telling its cervical spyndolysis
i have checked theryoid but those are normal level olny.
Posted Sun, 28 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 3 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for posting your query and uploading the MRI report. I have taken a good look at it.

It seems like you have a problem in the spine.

The MRI report clearly says there is posterior bulge of the cervical intervertebral discs causing thecal sac compression and indentation. This means to say that the spine at the level of your neck is affected. This is causing the neck pain, numbness in the fingers.

The MRI finding is not a good sign. It suggests an underlying problem. It is not cervical spondylosis. It is the intervertebral disc bulge.

You will benefit largely by neck physiotherapy and a cervical collar. Both these will decrease your symptoms.

I do not think an active intervention in the form of surgery is required, as of now.

You must consult a skilled orthopedician and a physiotherapist.

I am glad that your thyroid level is normal. However, please do get a fasting and post prandial blood sugar (FBS and PPBS) done.

I hope this helps you.

Let me know if you have more concerns.

Follow-up: Suffering from low back pain, neck pain, numbness in fingers, sleeplessness. Is it cervical spondylosis? 49 minutes later
Hello Doctor,

Thanks for your clarity, could you please refer good doctor for orthopedician and a physiotherapist in KR puram , also i asked the question about
5.very less sleep
7. thirsty every 15 minutes
8.tired very soon

could you please help me .

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 36 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

You could consult Dr. XXXXXXX Orthopedic surgeon at XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Orthopedic Hospital, Opposite T.C.palya Bus Stop, 3rd Cross, Old Madras Road, Bangalore - 0000.

Contact numbers: 0000, 0000 (080) 0000

You can use my reference with the doctor. I know him personally and he is quite efficient.

Very less sleep is probably due to stress and the pain that you currently have.

Thirst feeling and tiredness can be due to Diabetes or due to the spine problem by itself. That is reason why I wanted you to check your FBS and PPBS.

I hope this helps you.

Get well soon.

Follow-up: Suffering from low back pain, neck pain, numbness in fingers, sleeplessness. Is it cervical spondylosis? 2 hours later
Hi Doctor, I went to near my office ITPL (Rx Dx hospital) I met orthopedician mr XXXXXXX then he refer XXXXXXX XXXXXXX ( general) he refer for below testings.
1.Complete Haemogram
2.RBS- Random Blood sugar
3.Serum Creatinite
4.Serum Uric Acid
5.LFT Liver Function Test
6.Urine Routine and Microscopy
7.Vitamin B12
8.Vitamin D
I given blood for testing the reoprt will be coming on wednsday.
But there is no FBS and PPBS as you suggest, shall i do any other lab for FBS and PPBS tests.

XXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 16 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

The doctor has suggested RBS - Random Blood Sugar. This will suffice for now.

If RBS is normal, there is no need to do FBS and PPBS. If it is abnormal, then you may proceed with FBS and PPBS testing. Your doctor will be able to advise you on that once you get the reports on Wednesday.

Take care!