Suffering from loose stools. Stool test showed 10-12 pus cells and occult blood +++ with bacteria ++ present. Should I worry?
User rating for this question
my baby is 19 months old and has been suffering from loose stools since the past 4 days. His stool report showed 10-12 pus cells and occult blood +++ with bacteria ++ present. Should i worry?
Posted Wed, 18 Dec 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 37 minutes later
Brief Answer: Relax Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for your query. I understand your concern. As per reports your baby is havong infective diarrhea which is bacterial in nature. I suggest you to get him examined by pediatrician as course of antibiotic is needed. In the meantime monitor and maintain his hydration. Give oral rehydration solution sip by sip after each loose stool. Also give lemonade,coconut water,curd,rice porridge,boiled potato,banana. Give probiotic 2 times a day. Watch for urine output/feeding pattern/increased thirst. Hope I have answered your query,let me know if you have any further question I would be glad to help. Wishing your baby good health. God bless...
People also viewed
- What causes loss of appetite and vomiting
- Treatment for child s convulsions after birth asphyxia
- Stool test starch cells present
- If i have asthma can i take oxyelite pro
- Presence of bacteria and pus cells in the stool test
- Blood in occult stool test
- Pus cells present in stool test
- Stool test results bacteria pus cells
- Urinproblem av tramadol
- Hcg aviator vs oxy pro elite
- Migraines with aura dilated pupils
- Can i use zentel to treat white worms in stomach
- What causes vomiting and purple dots on foreheadaround eyeschin
- What causes green stool and cold sweats during teething
- Foods to avoid with pseudotumor cerebri