Suffering from loose motion as well as constipation. Looking for solution

Dietitian & Nutritionist
hi, my sister 23 yrs old she have free motion problem three-four days once she passes the motion which is very tigth, ples help her which type of food helps to this type of problem and what is the solution to this.
Posted Sun, 25 Nov 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Grace Abraham 2 hours later
Thanks for posting the query.
It is unclear whether you sister has loose stools and constipation as well.
The description says she passes tight stools once in three days.

Problem of loose stools can be of various reasons.

As a dietitian view you have to replenish the lost electrolytes like sodium and potassium which can be done by giving lot of fluids, like tender coconut water, juices and clear soups.

You can try giving the following foods which will help to stop loose stools:
Arrow root kanji (made from arrowroot flour & water, with sugar and salt); XXXXXXX biscuits (made from arrow root flour);
Rice kanji;
Bread toast;
Black tea with honey.

I suggest you to consult the Gastroenterologist as soon as possible for the cause of loose stools. I suspect a larger problem that what you think is.

Hope I answered your query

Grace Abraham