Suffering from leukorrhea. Will this affect my child birth? Treatment?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2013
Mar 2013
Question
hi sir iam suffering from leukorrhea for past five years ,in early days i was think it was an normal one but my friend told it was an disease ,and my question is ? leukorrhea can affect my child birth and give me a treatment for that one???
Posted Thu, 7 Nov 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
DETAILED BELOW

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
Leukorrhoea basically means excessive vaginal discharge.
vaginal discharge is commonly seen in young women in the reproductive years, and it is normal during certain phases of the menstrual cycle, when it maybe thick or excessive also.
Vaginal discharge is considered abnormal, if it is yellowish, if it is foul smelling or if it associated with pain, burning during urination etc.
If none of these symptoms are present, it is normal vaginal discharge, which is physiological, and you should not worry about it.
If you have symptoms like pain, burning urination, itching or foul odour, then please consult a gynecologist to know specific infection and treatment.
It cannot affect your child birth, if it is normal vaginal discharge.
untreated infectious discharges can cause complications that affect fertility.
In general, maintain meticulous perineal hygiene.
Wear cotton allergen free undergarments , do not keep the area wet or damp.
Do not clean, scrub, rub or douche vigorously
Clean the private parts with lukewarm water.
All the best.
Please feel free to ask for further clarifications.

Follow-up: Suffering from leukorrhea. Will this affect my child birth? Treatment? 27 minutes later
thank u madam ,the yellowish, if it is foul smelling or if it associated with pain, burning during urination , none of these symptoms are present but only thing is a white discharge of fluid only.if i can cure leukorrhea? wat kind of food should be taken or recommended medicene for that one?

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
NO TREATMENT REQUIRED.

Detailed Answer:
Only white fluid discharge is most probably normal vaginal discharge, so do not worry.
As no symptoms are present, there is no medication required for it.

Follow-up: Suffering from leukorrhea. Will this affect my child birth? Treatment? 21 hours later
hi madam during period time the blood will be clots ,how can i cure for this one? it will cause any problem in fertility?

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
DETAILED BELOW

Detailed Answer:
Hello again.
Normally, during periods, some amount of blood clots will be seen in the bleeding, which is normal.
If the period is heavy with excessive clots, then please visit a gynecologist for XXXXXXX check up ( per vaginum and per speculum ) and pelvic ultrasound.
Once the diagnosis emerges, I can let you know if it will affect your fertility.