Suffering from joint pain and slip disc. Having pain in toe and elbow while walking. Looking for suggestion

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi Doctor,

I am suffering from joint pain. I have pain while walking on my toes sometime in my knees. I also have pain while sitting on my fingers and elbow. I sometime feel dizziness and sometimes have blurred vision. Also I am suffering from slip disc also. My doctor suggested some test which the result is as under:-

Anti CCP >200
Rheumatoid factor (RA) Serum >120
Vitamin D 25 Hydroxy, Serum 35.90
Complete Blood count
All normal except Lymphocytes 14.57
Liver and Kidney panel , Serum

ALL ok Except as under :-
Creatnine 1.41
Uric Acid 9.70
Bilirubin Direct 0.29

Lipid profile all ok except HDL Cholesterol 35

Erythrocyte Sedimentation rate (ESR) 35

SUGAR Fasting 108 and PP 106

My BP is also high around 160

Medicine taking Tablet Telma 80 H and Celol Capsules

Weight 3 months back 78 KG and now 84
Posted Mon, 15 Oct 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rajesh Gajwani 1 hour later

After reading your symptoms and going through your reports, i feel that you are suffering from a condition called gout, which is proved by your enhanced uric acid: 9.70.
This condition causes the symptoms such as joint pains which you have mentioned. I would recommend you to visit a rheumatologist as you need to be treated for the same. The doctor will give you uricosuric drugs to reduce/eliminate your problem.
Meanwhile you should avoid, milk products, spinach, onions and such foods as they will deprove your condition.

Dizziness and blurred vision may be due to your high blood pressure. 160 systolic even with medicines is not normal and your physician must add another medicine to your existing hypertensive drugs to control it. It must be in the range of 120-140 systolic.

For treating your slip disc you need to take rest and do the following:
-Avoid lifting heavy objects,
-Wear a lumbosacral belt
-sleep on a hard bed
-apply local analgesic sprays
-use painkiller drugs as and when required

Hope this answers your query. If you have any more questions, i'll be happy to help.