Suffering from jaundice, cyst on liver. Have weakness and loss of appetite. What is the diagnosis?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Question
MY FATHER GAE 78 HAS BEEN SUFFERING FROM JAUNDICE DETECTED YDAY AND THEY HAVE REPORTED A SMALL CYCST LESION IN LIVER.......HE IS BECOMING WEEK, LOSS OF APETITE ETC
WE HAVE DONE CBC SBS, PPBS SGPT SGOT SPO4 SBILLIBURIN, SPROTIEN, URINE ROUTINE MAINLY bs & BP, SONOGRAPHY OF ABDOMEN AND PELVIS,
a WELL DEFINED ROUND TO OVAL ANECHOIC THIN WALL INTRA HEPATIC CYSTIC LESION OF SIZE 45 X 45 X 23MM AND VOLUME 24.3 CC IS SEEN IN SUBDIAFRAGMETIC REGION RIGHT LOBE - MILD PERIFERAL 1hbr DILATATION SEEN
COARSE APPEARANCE OF LIVER WITH ITS GRADE 1 FATTY INFILTERATION

Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 59 minutes later
Hi

Thanks for posting your query

Unfortunately you have not provided the queries?
What do you want to know from us ?

Also you have not mentioned the outcome of the reports that have been done?

Please get back to me with the results and what information you want to know?

Wishing your father a speedy recovery ?

Follow-up: Suffering from jaundice, cyst on liver. Have weakness and loss of appetite. What is the diagnosis? 7 minutes later
whats the diagnosis - i have mentioned the fact as regards the cyst thats observed with size accordingly pl advice.......i am unable to get an appointment with a specialist like u till friday and wanted to know if its emergency......moreso because he is not eating much and has become weak

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 5 minutes later
Hi

Thanks for your prompt response

As you are aware, online consultation solely relies on the history given by the patient or the relative and the reports provided, as we cannot examine the patient online

I will surely help you out, but I want the results of the blood tests that have been done and the Sonography report apart from the cyst size

Please get back with the same and I will help you out

Follow-up: Suffering from jaundice, cyst on liver. Have weakness and loss of appetite. What is the diagnosis? 58 minutes later
SIR ALL REPORTS HAVE BEEN UPLOADED PL REVIEW.......
Follow-up: Suffering from jaundice, cyst on liver. Have weakness and loss of appetite. What is the diagnosis? 2 minutes later
SIR KINDLY REVIEW

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 2 minutes later
Hi

Thanks for your response

The reports are not yet seen in our forum

See if there is some error in uploading

Else you may type them in the reply

SIR I WANT DAGNOSIS.......WHAT SHOULD I DO NEXT HE HAS GOT A CYST AND IS VERY WEEK PL ADVICE

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 15 minutes later
Hi

Thanks for posting your fathers reports

I have gone through the reports and what I find positive in them is as follows :

1] The hemoglobin is low - May be corrected later

2] He has a simple Cyst in liver, needs followup and if the size increases go for a CT Scan and manage accordingly

3] His diabetes is under control

4] His liver functions are altered, With raised Liver functions his appetite will reduce , but what is concerning is the levels of Alkaline Phosphatase

5] If I would have been your physician I would get the Alkaline phosphatase repeated and if it yet comes abnormally raised I would go for a MRI Cholangiogram, as raised levels of Alkaline phosphatase are suggestive of some form of obstruction in the biliary track

My diagnosis at this stage will be Hepatitis [Under Investigation], I would surely hospitalize him and observe him over next 48 to 72 hours and take further decision according to the improvement in general condition

Hope this helps
If you have any doubts get back to me

Wishing your father a speedy recovery