Suffering from itchy body. Not cured by medicine. Suggest some effective medicine to get cured?

I am about to die from itching. No apparent cause! No rash. It won't respond to benedryl or any of the usual anti-itch creams. I strongly suspect it is related to nutrition or vitamin deficiency, rather than typical allergic reaction since it has been growing worse. I am about to tear off my skin. Please can anyone suggest something that will stop the itching?

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 3 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 38 minutes later

I understand your problem and will address you accordingly.

Certain drugs can cause itching . Atenolol and topiramate can cause itching.

Also I would like to know
-Do you get hives or redness?
-Since when you have got it?
-Any history of recent fever/abdominal pain?
-You have itching over palms and soles?

Please answer the above question to help you better.

Please take tab. Zyrtec twice daily. It is available as over the counter medication.
It will help a lot in itching.

Also you can take fexofenadine 180mg. It is available on prescription which will help in itching.

Also you can apply cool soothing lotion like calamine lotion over affected itchy areas.

Also a cold bath will reduce itching.
Adding some olive oil /coconut oil to bath water will be also helpful.
Apply plenty of cetaphil moisturizing cream after bath immediately.

Hope this helps.

If you have any further queries please let me know.