Suffering from itching on labia minora and have vaginal discharge. Is it a cancer?

hello , I am 26 years old. I am suffering from itching on the right side of labia minora from one years and mild vaginal discharge also present. I really worried about it. Is it indicating further severe problem of vagina like cancer or anything else
Posted Tue, 18 Dec 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Asra Ishtiaq Ahmed 1 hour later
Hello there.

Thanks for writing.

Itching with vaginal discharge could be due to recurring vaginal infection.

If there is redness and excoriation of the labia, it further can lead to increasing infections.

A cancer of the labia or vagina does not present with itching alone or at this age. So do not worry.

You need to see a gynecologist for a local examination and treatment.

In order to avoid infection and perineal itching, maintenance of perineal hygiene is a must.
Keep the area clean and dry.
Wash the area with water after using the toilet. Avoid use of any irritants or shaving creams.
Frequent change of undergarments also ensures hygiene with use of loose fitting cotton undergarments.

I hope I have answered your query.