Suffering from itchiness in genitals resulting in black skin. How to treat this?
User rating for this question
i am suffering from itching from the past 5 years on the private part and due to this i got very black skin please give suggestion to avoid itching and black skin..
Posted Mon, 9 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: Genital candidiasis or neurodermatitis Detailed Answer: Hi I completely understand your concern and I hope I am able to help you for the same. Now firstly, I would like to tell you that there are many causes of itching over the genitals.It is sometimes necessary to examine and see the skin condition to look for the cause. But as far as the most important causes of itching over genitals is concerned, it can be either a fungal infection or it can be a type of skin eczema namely neurodermatitis. I would like to know if there is any associated discharge also. Is there any whitish curdy discharge or it is just a dry itch? Now as far as the treatment is concerned, First some general precautions: Wear cotton clothes and undergarments in order to reduce the sweating. Do not apply any kind of oils / moisturizing lotion over the affected area . Just clean and dry the affected area twice a day and then apply an antifungal-steroid combination cream. Something like clotrimazole-beclomethasone cream(Candid-b) helps in most cases. Also , you will need to take oral antifungals like fluconazole once a week for 2 weeks. In case of severe itching, take some antihistamine once a day . This treatment will cover both the causes of itching. Now as far as the pigmentation is concerned, first of all, you need to avoid itching. Itching or scratching the area tends to increase pigmentation. Once the skin itching is treated, then you can start treatment for skin pigmentation. For this you can apply a cream containing kojic acid and vitamin c combination over the affected area twice a day. Since it is a very sensitive area , so we cannot give very strong lightening agents. The advised combination is a mild one and can be used for a long period of time. Hope it helps If you have any other queries, please ask. Best wishes for a speedy recovery Dr Geetika Paul MD( Dermatology)
People also viewed
- Is it possible to have clear lungs with audible wheezing
- Will atarax treat itchy skin ?
- Red blotches around babies eyes and nose
- Baby red blotches on torso
- Baby red blotchy irritations cheek
- Blotchy rash on 6 month old baby
- Urine to treat skin itchiness
- Blotchy red rash on babys body
- How to treat black stool
- How to treat the black spots and rash on skin
- What causes acidity and morning headaches with relief after vomitting
- Do epidural steroid injections cause palpitaions
- What is the treatment for white spot on my tonsil
- What is the treatment for rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia
- How to treat genital psoriasis